Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cone embroidery thread?

Posted by Marti8a (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 22, 04 at 21:38

This is another item on the auction inventory. I don't know that I've ever seen embroidery machine thread on a cone, is there such? A serger isn't on the list or I'd think they made a mistake.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cone embroidery thread?

Embroidery thread on cones cost about $15 a cone. I have bought it in colors I use a lot of. It is around 5000Yds.

o

I have some on cones, too...they are a bit tricky to handle on my machine that has a horizontal spool pin. I need to figure out how to lengthen my vertical pin so I can use that.

I bought mine at a show this year and got them for 50% off...I can't imagine that I will EVER use up all the thread on them!

o

I have the large cones in red, white, blue and black, since I use those colors the most. I have a seperate thread stand that I use them on - it sits on the sewing table to the rear right of the machine.

o

the thread exchange has cone embroidery thread at low prices. they also sell partially used spools by the pound-try doing a search for assort or asst to see these.

Here is a link that might be useful: thread exchange

o

I use cone threads from a portable thread rack. Then I just thread the machine as normal. It works just fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here