Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
downloading free designs

Posted by oosnails (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 15, 04 at 18:57

I need help. I am totally lost. I just got the ultimate box. I was able to install with no problem. Now I don't have a clue how to download designs. I tried opening with win zip. I thought I installed it but when I try to look at the designs it asks questions I don't have a clue about. I go to help and I just don't know what to look for. Can't someone explain in laymans language what I have to do. I am computer illiterate. Any help will be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: downloading free designs

I have the Ulimate box. I also have a embroidery software program (Embird). I think you have to have both to copy designs onto the Ulimate box - at least that is my understanding.

o

I download the designs onto my desktop, unzip, and double click the icon. It automatically brings up ultimate box and I search for the design in the list. I don't have Embird.

o

I have the Amazing Box, so it may work differently, but this should work:

When you want to download a design, the computer will ask if you want to open it or save it to disk. Choose save, then save the design in a folder where you will remember where it is (mine is Embroidery Downloads).

Then I open the ABox program, and click the read button. You can then use the drop down menu at the top to find the folder where you saved the designs, then click open, and the design appears in one of the windows of the ABox screen. You can then copy it to the card that goes in the machine.

With the ABox, you don't have to unzip the file first.

Hope this helps!

o

Come to think of it. I think the Embird is only for converting files and re-sizeing files.

o

Yes but how do you see the designs before you download them. I see the files but I can't open them up to look at them or do I have to download to view. Thanks for all the help.

o

With the Amazing Box a picture comes up in the window when you select it...it also has a browse button in the screen where you select the files.

o

Hey I figured it out. If all else fails contact the manufactor. They sent me a tutorial with pictures in the mail. i am so excited to be able to expand my capabilities.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here