Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To stop it from opening

Posted by stitcheasy2003 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 2, 06 at 16:09

Hello
I have put in the disk and loaded the 3D Organizer into the computer. I have opened it up and when I click on a thumbnail. Embird opens up. How can I stop Embird from opening up in the 3D Organizer. Platinum Plus machine. I want to use Embird too. I use embird for my Janome machine. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To stop it from opening

I'm not completely sure I understand correctly, but try this:

1) Open Embird, it should open on the Manager screen.
2) Choose the Options Menu at the top
3) Associate Extensions

This will open a screen where all the possible file extensions are listed on the left side, and you can tell it which program to use to open selected types of files.

Let me know if that isn't what you're looking for and I'll try to help you figure it out. After you change any of those associations, you might need to reboot your computer, or at least close out any embroidery software and relaunch the programs. Good luck!

Laura

o
RE: To stop it from opening

In addition to Laura's suggestion, you can open any explorer window, such as My Computer, then click tools, then folder options, then the file types tab.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here