Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new machine

Posted by sew_happy (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 07 at 15:58

Hi There

I have just bought a second hand innovis 500D machine as I wanted to try embroidering by machine. As I am completely new to this (usually I'm cross stitching) I know I need software but am unsure which to get and would eventually like to download or purchase designs from the internet. I have heard about digitizing but dont know what that involves and I know I have to transfer designs to a memory card but dont know how to do this either!!
Any help for a beginner of machine embroidery would be helpful
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new machine

Look on the Net there are many freebies out there. A design software package can be expensive. You will need a USB and a card to download to you computer then the card goes in your embro machine.

o

go to Delphi Forums and then Friendly Sewing. You will find neat people and one special lady that specializes in providing a daily list of free designs you can download from various sites. Saves tons of money and good designs.

o

Thanks for your replies, I have since bought pe design 6 on e bay got a really good price, and a Cd with designs on ( i like to jump in at the deep end!) and a really good book which has helped me a lot, just have to work out how to get the designs of the Cd and onto my machine now. The designs are in the pes format, but have only just mastered the basics of pe design so far.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here