Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ClipArt & Quantum XL6000

Posted by kcfuge (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 31, 06 at 12:21

Hello all,

Does anyone know how I might tranform a piece of Microsoft ClipArt into something a Singer Quantum XL6000 could use as a patern?

Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ClipArt & Quantum XL6000

Isn't that item covered in your operating manual? You could also join one of the Quantum groups on Yahoo. They are really great when you have a question.

o
RE: ClipArt & Quantum XL6000

You'll need some digitizing software, and to make sure that the clipart is royalty-free so that you have the right to digitize it. I can't remember what the Singer software is called, is it PSW2 or something like that? I use Embird, so I'm not completely sure of the Singer version, although I do have the XL6000. I just love Embird and never saw the need to spend more $$ on their software.

Suffice it to say that without some version of digitizing software and knowing how to use it, there is no way to take a piece of clipart and have the machine sew it out. If it's royalty free and a fairly simple pattern, you could send it to me and I might be able to digitize it for you. I'm fairly busy the next few days tho, so it might take a week or so.

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here