Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie: Starter Embroidery Machine?

Posted by nsnd (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 05 at 10:47

Newbie: Starter Embroidery Machine?

My wife would like a Embroidery machine however she does not want to spend a lot and I would like your suggestions on what cheap starter system should she start with?

Also down the road if affordable it would be nice since I am a computer nut if I could use my computer to make designs for her.

Thanks,
Nathan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie: Starter Embroidery Machine?

I have a Brother PE150 which I bought on ebay. It is a good little machine to start out with and not too expensive. To digitize your own designs you need a program like Embird. It is one of the less expensive and comes in parts so you don't have to buy the whole thing at once.
Colleen

o

Thanks... My wife has looked at the Brother SE270D from Walmart.com and I was wondering what the Pros and Cons are? plus you need to buy the Brother PED-Basic Embroidery Software can it work with Embird as well?

She is not sure if she will want to do Embroidery or not... she does Cakes for fun http://www.nsnd.com/cakes/ and she does sew more lately. I bought her a serger just recently and she is using it to make some stuff...

I wish I could help her and make money doing it... (grin)

Thanks,
Nathan

Here is a link that might be useful: Stacey's Cakes

o

I started with the Brother PE150 and love it. I have felt no need to upgrade yet, although there have been times I wished I had a larger embroidery field. But, mostly, it's been great. I do use Embird with it, but it's not necessary - at least at first. She can buy plenty of designs ready to go that will give her many options and let her know whether this is something she wants to pursue further.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here