Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brother PE400D bobbin woes

Posted by mimijacobs (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 24, 08 at 8:58

My embroidery machine came with only 2 bobbins, so I went to the store and purchased a big pack of bobbins specifically marked for Brother machines. Every time I try to use one, my machine does NOT like it! Jams up every time. Where oh where am I going to find the correct bobbins? Brother Mall doesn't even have them!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brother PE400D bobbin woes

There are two sizes of bobbins for Brother machines. SA156 has a depth of 7/16" and SA155 is 3/8". After checking the online manual, it looks like the item numbers have changed. You may want to measure the depth of the supplied ones and compare to the new ones. It may also be a good idea to consult your local Brother dealer. HTH, Todd

o
RE: Brother PE400D bobbin woes

Actually mine measures exactly 5/16 instead. So all those bobbins definitely would NOT work. Must have been a mix up at factory. But still leaves me in a dilemma!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here