Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help with brother 270D and ped basic

Posted by helpme_2007 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 07 at 0:30

I bought the curlz font on line- but I can't figure out how to put the letters together onto the card reader. I am wanting to do my daughters name madison- but when I try and put the letters from the card reader in the pocket feature on my machine- it wont let me. I dont want to have to move my fabric every time. Any suggestions? Thanks for being so nice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help with brother 270D and ped basic

I am having the same exact issue. I purchase mine today and can't figure the fonts out. If you figure it out, would you please help me! You would be an aggrivation saver.

o

PED-Basic is not a design software, you can only open up the PES file as is, you can not edit. I was dissappointed, I will only use it for personal use not business and I thought it would do more. It was not a mistake to buy it because you would have to buy the USB and the card anyway!!!!
Brothers design costs about 600 to 700 so unless you are going to really use it a lot I think it is too expensive. I purchased Embird for about 110 and it allows you to edit and you can convert other files to PES to use.
This site has a 30 day free demo so you can decide if you want to buy it. I bought it and I am pleased with it.
Good luck, I am also new to embroidery and there is not much help out there!!!!!
Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: Embird demo

o

If anyone finds out the answer to the question re: centering names and not having to do letter by letter, PLEASE let me know. I am about to pull my hair out!

Thanks in advance to everyone out there, I am new to embroidery and am having a difficult time. I just purchased my Brother 270D a few days ago.

o

im from the uk and am not to sure about the 270 but the problem you are probably getting is your using it as a large font reset the writing to small and it should all go in one go, if you want il digitize the word for you and send it to you as a pes file, then all you have to do is send it to the machine, let me know how big you want it and in what font....im nice like that

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here