Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thread Breaking Brother PC7500

Posted by bryanno (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 23, 08 at 23:57

I am having a terrible time with the top thread on my embroidery machine breaking. It has been a perfect machine until a couple of days ago. I have changed needles, rethreaded numerous times and cleaned bobbin area with no luck. When the thread breaks, it is not a clean break, it looks very ravelled at the ends. I have tried everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thread Breaking Brother PC7500

What type/size of thread & needle are you using? What are you embroidering on & what kind of stabilizer are you using? Here are several suggestions:

Maybe the new needle has a slight burr in the eye
Thread could be too heavy for the size of needle
Make sure you're using an embroidery needle
If you're using sticky stabilizer, your needle might be gummed up
The fabric/stabilizer may be too heavy for the size needle & thread
The design might be too dense
Make sure the thread is feeding off the spool smoothly; try using a thread stand

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...maybe one of these will help!

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here