Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vertical Lettering

Posted by bryanno (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 13, 06 at 20:10

I am making a hairbow for a friend and want to type the school name vertical down the ribbon. Can someone tell me how I do this. I have tried rotating the work but this is not what I need, I need the letters going down one below the other. I hope someone can advise me. thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vertical Lettering

which machine and software do you have?

o

I have a Brother PE-6500 Pacesetter.

o

Sorry, but I don't know this machine. Try downloading a trial version of the software Embird (link below) and you'll see that with this software, it's really easy to do what you want to do. Also, the lady who owns this website is super friendly and helpful. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: my embroidery haven

o

I would play around with the lettering to see if a name will rotate 90 degrees and do a trial stitch out.

o

Do you have an edit feature on your machine so you can combine designs & lettering? I have a Brother ULT & I am not familar with yours but I have an edit feature. I can put in one lettter or one design & I have arrows to move it around on my screen. To do what you are talking about, I have to put in one letter & "set" it & then use the arrows to move it up toward the top of my screen. Then I go back in re-edit mode & pick up the next letter, put it in & move it & keep doing that until I have all the letters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here