Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Applique Design

Posted by stitcheasy2003 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 30, 06 at 17:24

Hello
I have sampler embroidery 100:2,5 d-card. I am guessing the ones with the pictures of scissors are applique??? The card is in the machine and its flashing scissors.When do you put down your fabric before or after the scissor's flashing. What number is the outline for the fabric? Its card number 15 the bee holding a flower. Platinum Plus machine Thank you B.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Applique Design

Hello
I have Sampler Embroidery 100:2,5 d-card. I am guessing the ones with the pictures of scissors are applique in the book??? The card is in the machine and its flashing "a pair of scissors". Number 15, the bee holding a flower.

1. When do you put down your fabric before or after the scissor's flashing.
2. What number is the outline for the fabric?
3. What does the star symbol beside the number means?
4. Can you also please tell me what number 1 and 2 do . Marker with dots in the hoop.(down at bottom of page in the sampler book page 4 and 5. I do not have a handbook.
Platinum Plus machine Thank you B.

o

I don't have your machine, but am guessing that appliqu works the same way on all machines!
Look at the sequence of stitches for the design. normally, the first stitches will stitch an outline where you will put your fabric down on the background fabric. Then, it will stitch the second fabric down. You remove the hoop and trim around the stitches WITHOUT removing the fabric from the hoop. Then you will get a satin stitch outline to cover the edge of the fabric.
Have a go! What have you got to lose? Try out on some scrap fabric!

o

I have found that with any manufactured card I buy, there is a book that comes with the card that includes the design colors and sequence for the stitchout including when and where you put anything...you might want to look at that book.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here