Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kenmore elite embroidery

Posted by sherylal (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 27, 04 at 17:17

I just bought this machine and have no idea what I need to go with it.
Can you use a Mac to download or does it have to be a pc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sheryl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kenmore elite embroidery

Sheryl - where did you get it? If you bought it at Sears they should offer classes and be able to tell you what you need for the machine.

o

You need a PC to download embroideries.

I thought Sears no longer offered classes. Your machine is made by Janome so you might want to contact a Janome dealer to see if you can get classes there.

There is no shortcut around reading the manual thoroughly, viewing the video or cd that comes with the machine, and practicing each painful page step-by-step.

o

Wow, Sears doesn't have classes anymore? Customer service is certainly in a downward spiral most places, isn't it?

o

msmeow-
Did you get my email? Do you know anything about this machine?
Did I make a good purchase?

o

Sorry, Sheryl - the Kenmore I had was about 15 years old; just a sewing machine, no embroidery. But I did get a couple of classes to learn how to use it!

My Kenmore machine worked like a horse - I only had to take it in for repair once, and I think that was my fault (broken needle fell down inside, if I remember). Anyway, when I got my fancy embroidery machine about 18 months ago, we passed the Kenmore down to my 15 yr old niece.

o

I have a friend who will do some embroidery for me and I want to order a pattern to download from an embroidery website. My friend is new to her machine and doesn't know what format it uses. The embroidery designs I want to purchase list the following formats: dst, hus, pes, jef, pcs, exp, sew, vip, art, and xxx. Does anyone know which format the Kenmore Elite uses? (it is a new machine, purchased in the last year or so) Thanks....Melanie

o

If it's made by Janome, then perhaps it takes .jef.
you can download free software to convert.
Go to www.myembroideryhaven.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here