Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
no clue which machine to buy

Posted by newandgreen (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 11, 07 at 16:47

I would like to buy an embroidery machine and was thinking of a Singer CE 150 or 200 but after reading some of the problems people have on this forum, i'm not sure. The reason I would like a Singer is that I live in Guyana, SA, and professional help is not easy to get. We have a SINGER'S branch here so I figure that they might be able to help me if I have problems. I also do not know much about stablisers or stuff like Pellon or anything so if anyone can recommend a tutorial or something, I'd be grateful. Also, embroidery thread is not readily available here so anything I need I have to order online and then have it delivered. This will make trying several brands of thread difficult so if anyone has suggestions as to which threads go with which machines...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: no clue which machine to buy

I just bought a Singer 150 a few weeks ago and have had no problems with it. I was leary of buying one too after hearing about the problems but I think most of the problems were with the 100 and 200 models and have been corrected on the 150 and 250. There are some great Yahoo groups that I have found for Singer Futura machines with very helpful advice.

Deeann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here