Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
problems with small items-please help!!!

Posted by amyjackson (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 07 at 15:04

I keep having the same problem on smaller items. I was embroidering a monogram on a baby onesie last night, and I keep sewing the back to the front, or getting a sleeve or other part accidentally rolled under there, so obviously the item is ruined. Does anyone have a suggestion for what to do to keep the other parts of the item rolled out of the way?
THANKS!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: problems with small items-please help!!!

The best thing to do is prevention. Slow the stitch down and stay with the machine and watch it. I have ruined large and small items. You can roll the edges, use clothes pins or pins. I don't like using hard foreign items such as pins because what if your machine starts sewing it up. I spent too much on my machine to ruin it for a $10.00 piece of clothing. You can make a nest with the garment not being embroidered. The other thing to do is open up the side seams so your garment is more flat and not likely to get caught. Recently I ruined a sweatshirt because I walked away from the machine. I was emboidering words across the back and the weight of the sweatshirt pulled enough to make the VERY LAST letter messed up. I get frustrated and am still learning new things. I've been embroidering for about 5 years now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here