Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brother SE270 - needle keeps breaking

Posted by bebe_2007 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 07 at 14:32

HELP!!! I recently purchased this machine and I am having major issues with my needle breaking. I am using the spool attachment as my embroidery thread spools will not fit in the cartridge(which may be my problem as the thread often times gets wound up tight around the spool attachment). I have no idea what I can be doing wrong. Any suggestions????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brother SE270 - needle keeps breaking

Don't know if this will help but this is my experience. I have a couple of spools that are too large to use in the cartridge. The hole in the bottom of the spool was large-it is the type with the piece in the top of the spool to hold the thread when not in use. The spool wabbled and did not feed well so I took the little holder off the top and put it into the bottom of the spool thus holding it more evenly and it works for me. I do find you have to get the thread feeding just right or it gets wound in the wrong place.
If this is any help, I'm glad.

Sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here