Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brother PE-150

Posted by pegpeg (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 07 at 14:11

I love my machine. It's been great for learning. I've used often and feel lost without it when sewing. This is my first problem.
Problem: My machine will not pick up the bobbin thread.
According to Brother support team, I've done all of which they suggested: Thread not tangled, size spool cap is right size of thread spool, bobbin is threaded properly in the shuttle case, needle is threaded correctly, installed new needle. I've done everything I know to do. The only thing left to do is take it for repair 150 miles from my location. It seems like such a simple problem. Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brother PE-150

Some other things to try: clean it really well, especially around the bobbin area. Does the bobbin case come out? If so, take it out and clean really well under it. Also check the top thread path to make sure there are no dust bunnies in there. And check to make sure the needle is inserted all the way. That will cause my serger to stop forming stitches.

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here