Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using Fast Frames on BMP8

Posted by tammibarnes (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 7, 09 at 10:53

I bought a Babylock six needle machine along with a set of Fast Frames. My question is: How does my machine know when I am using the Fast Frames?When I put in the arm for the fast frames it uses all different size hoops on the same arm. I want to try these but am afraid to. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using Fast Frames on BMP8

The machine does not know what size frame you are using when you use Fast Frames. The machine arms that hold the Fast Frame are extended to the largest size hoop so that is what the machine 'sees'. It is wise to always do a trace when using non-standard frames so that you know your embroidery will fit inside the area available. I have hit the metal FF even after I traced a design so I always make certain there is plenty of room for the embroidery foot to clear the edge of the frame.

Basically, the machine thinks you are using the largest standard hoop which is, I believe, 300x180 when you have the FF on the machine.

o
RE: Using Fast Frames on BMP8

I am thinking about buying the fast frames so much more economical. I have an mb4. Are you happy with the fast frame? Or should I wait and purchase the quick snap

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here