Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Going rate

Posted by stitcheasy2003 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 10, 06 at 10:45

Hello
I know the going rate for embroidery things is $1.00 per thousand sts. but
My machine does not tell me how many stitches it makes for the letters. It does give size. 30mm (big) and 20mm and even smaller size. This is a Platinum Plus. Do I charge one price for the big letters ? Do I charge another price for the smaller letters? thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Going rate

If you are going to consider your prices retail, then you can just charge by the line, for instance $10.00 per line of text, for example a name, 3 words at max. If you consider your pricing wholesale, then your looking at more like $4.00. The price per stitch your quoting is generally for designs rather than lines of text. If you want to sell designs then you will have to get software like Embird so you will know the exact stitch count.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here