Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clear n' Melt

Posted by stitcheasy2003 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 27, 06 at 10:07

Hello
Has anyone used Clear N' Melt (equal to Trick Film Iron away stabilizer)on
t-shirts or towels or napkins etc.
It says its a permanent stabilizer? You just tearaway the rest of the stabilizer after embroidery is done and then iron (if you need to remove more).
Would it uphold as good as no show polymesh on a t-shirt? On towels and napkins its nice to see no stabilizer to show.Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clear n' Melt

I always use WSS for towels and napkins so I imagine your product would be fine.
For T shirts, why not try on an old one, wear it and wash it and see what happens? I have always used a polymesh but why not have a go?

o

All three items require different stabilizers. You might be able to use it for napkins and other linens.

The reason you use an iron on for t-shirts is to stabilize the whole area to prevent stretching or distortion while embroidering. You still need WSS as a topper for towels and tearaway bits wash out.

Most of the embroidery machine books that come with machines pretty well cover the stabilizer questions.

o

Good chart:
http://www.diamondthreadworks.com/embroidery_chart.htm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here