Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you own a simplicity smart box or brother ped basic? If so...

Posted by judy5a (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 21, 06 at 9:46

Hi: Do you own either of the above?
When you download for example - "freebies" off of sites...using winzip, can you resize these designs first..make them smaller? I have the PE150 machine, which only sews within 4x4, and most of the designs I have gotten off of sites are "huge". Or, can you tell me, please where I can find smaller graphics, example, small butterflies, to put on pockets? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you own a simplicity smart box or brother ped basic? If s

I own pe basic and my machine lets me resize designs.... i have an ellageo. I think the problem is that the PE 150 is pretty limited in what it can do. So resizing would have to be done with additional software.... and that means tons of money. But on the good side, PE150 is a great starter machine but I eventually sold mine ( on ebay) with no loss and was able to buy a more sophisticated machine that took the same bobbins neeedles and feet as my brother PC 6000. SOmetimes I wish I had two machines again ... so I could sew on one and embroider on the other but it took up a lot of space and I had less flexibility because each machine had fewer features than the very expensive combos.

o
RE: Do you own a simplicity smart box or brother ped basic? If s

Did you view the video that came with your machine. I was looking at mine the other day and they have a whole section of how to sew out a design larger than the 4x4 field. I have an OESD magic box that reads all manufacturer cards that I can transfer to my PE-150 plus I got extra software to use to edit colors, resize, etc. that I paid $249 that has repaid itself many times over.

Many times if you read the operation manual (link below for PE Basic), it will answer many questions.

http://www.simplicitysewing.com/ftp/whitepapers/SmartBox_Manual.pdf

Here is a link that might be useful: PED basic operation manual

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here