Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color chart

Posted by danalahal (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 8, 04 at 23:05

Does anyone know where I can get a color chart for embroidery thread? The thread I bought on E-Bay does
not have any identifying names on them, just numbers
and I'm having a difficult time with them.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color chart

Most thread floss only has the numbers on them along with the manufacturer that made them.

What manufacturer are we talking about? If it's DMC go to DMC website and print the free charts out. Coats and Clark also has a free chart to print out.

o

Unfortunately neither of these two. I've bought two different brands, one is Royal but does not list the manufacturers name and the second is Telephone manufactured by Neelam Thread.

o

i have a conversion chart i can email to you, but you'll need to know the manufacturer to use it. if interested, let me know if you want it in excel or works.

o

www.neelamthread.com - telephone is a polyester thread made in India. I'm getting dead ends on searches for Royal.

o

I tooo...would love to have a conversion chart for different thread brands....it gets so confusing...thanks...Judy

o

Try Superior Threads (sorry - don't know the URL) - their newsletter said they have color charts with actual samples of the thread for $3 each.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here