Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flat flannel diapers

Posted by stitcheasy2003 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 12, 06 at 22:46

Hello
When you use regular flat flannel diapers for making burp cloths,

1. Do you use fleece batting? or another kind of batting?

2.Do you embroider with the batting on the back when you embroider? or Embroider with stabilizer and batting together on the back?

3.Do you cover the back with contrast fabric? or just stitching?

Thank you B.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flat flannel diapers

Hello B.

I make the embroidery first. If you do the embroidery with all layers of material you'll see the back stiches of the design which is not very nice. I'm not familiar with the "flat flannel diapers" material you are using. I use regular cotton or terrycloth for bibs and burp cloths. If I use cotton I add some Tear-away" under the material and with terrycloth I also use the same stabiliser but I also add one layer of Clear and Melt (it looks like Saran wrap) over the terrycloth to prevent the stitches to go through the fibers. I also use a Jeans Needle to embroider the terrycloth.

Then I make the "sandwich" : top material + batting + back material just like we do in patchwork. Most of the time, I do some stitches (simple straight stitches will do ok but you can also use decoratives stitches) over those layers so they stay together (just the way we do in patchwork).

As for the batting, it is a matter of choice. I some time use polyester batting and sometimes cotton batting. For burp cloths I prefer polyester, it dries faster than cotton ...

I hope you understand what I have been writting .. I'm francophone so it is not always easy for me to explain in English.

A.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here