Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
older husqvarna reader writer, need help, please!!!!

Posted by quiltlady1941 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 07 at 22:12

I have a #1+ viking embroidery machine and I have the software customizing system version 1.2, it is one of the very first ones that they came out with, I think. I bought it use along with my machine. I have had it on windows 98 for 8 years or more and it worked like a dream, it had everything that I needed, which isn't much, I just wanted to transfer designs to a card and put it in my machine to sew out.Also I like the fonts.

My windows 98 crashed so now I have a computer runnung XP, I loaded the software and it works just like it did on my old computer did.But I
can not get the box to work, When I try to transfer a design to it I get a message no LPT port available. This boxs connects to a LPT port. Can anyone help me out on this, I'm just about to the end of my ropes on this one. Please help me if you can. Viking wants me to buy new software which I really can't afford. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: older husqvarna reader writer, need help, please!!!!

This happened to me a long time ago, and I have since bought a D1. I'm not a computer geek, but my husband is. I believe he went to the viking web site and down loaded something to make it work. Sorry I'm not much help. The #1+ machines are great. I still kept mine, but use it to sew only. No embroidery on it since I got my D1.

o
RE: older husqvarna reader writer, need help, please!!!!

I had a computer with serial ports that I used to work my Ultimate Box(my reader/writer box) by Vikant but I had to get a new computer and the new ones are Vista and have USB ports. My son got me a serial to usb connector and now I'm back in business Does this help? I don't know what an LPT port is so maybe we're talking different things here...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here