Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help in deciding what machine to buy???

Posted by glosing3 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 14, 06 at 21:53

Hi..I want to begin to embroider and I need a machine. I don't have much money to spend so want to get the best bang for my buck. We have a babylok and singer place here and they run down all other machines. I am so confused about what to get. I have heard good things about the sc270D Brother but then I read some awful things. I supposed it will be this way about all machines. I want to be able to get designs off web. I want to do home things and gifts. Do I need bigger that 4*4 size embroidery? Thanks so much for helping.
Glo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help in deciding what machine to buy???

Hi, I have the SE-270D. I just purchased it a few weeks ago, but it seems to work great. It does have a 4x4 design area, but you can buy a bigger hoop as an accessory. You will find software, fonts, & designs are expensive. You can download designs free at many sites. I would recommend this machine to a beginner. I can see where someone who really gets into embroidery would want to upgrade, but I think it will be a great learning tool for me without breaking the bank. I found ebay to have the lowest price :) Also, if you are going to download designs, you will need software and the memory card to transfer the images to the machine. Be sure to look into all of that. Good luck and I hope this helps :)

o
RE: Help in deciding what machine to buy???

How much have you budgeted for this machine, needles, stabilizers, machine embroidery thread (can't use regular sewing thread), and all the other accessories you will need. An extra hoop will cost you around $65.

Once you choose a machine and read the manual, you will find out whether you will need a reader/writer box or not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here