Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SE270D thread piling up

Posted by auntnana21 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 07 at 20:46

I have a new SE270D and am having trouble with the thread. It keeps winding/piling/bunching up under the plate. I've cleaned the shuttle, changed needles, etc. and it keeps happening. I'm trying to make a rectangle patch. I'm using embroidery thread in top and bottom, I'm using canvas type material on heavy duty stabilizer. It's to the point that I have to pry up the material and cut the thread from the bottom. I thought it might be the material combination so I tried a piece of cotton fabric with tear away and then water sol and it did the same thing. I even tried just fabric by itself. Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SE270D thread piling up

Here are a few things to check:

Are the feed dogs up?
Is the presser foot down?
Is the embroidery unit engaged properly?
Is the hoop attached properly?
Is the embroidery arm hitting something?

If you can't detect anything wrong with the machine, maybe it's something in the design you are using - poor digitizing, too dense for your machine/fabric, etc.

If it does seem like something with the machine, take it back where you bought it and make them fix it!

Donna

o

All the things you pointed out seem to be working properly. Maybe I'll re-create the design. It's a simple rectangle with text in the middle. No fill in or anything.
Thanks for the reply!

o

You might try bobbin thread on the bottom and be sure you are using the right thread cap, sounds too simple but it cured the problem for me. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here