Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
no hoop embroidery

Posted by bryanno (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 30, 06 at 20:29

I am trying to embroider an initial on a insulated lunch bag. It is very thick and slippery and will not stay on my hoop. I have heard and read that you can embroider without the hoop. I tried it but my fabric was everywhere. I'm sure there is a technique to do this if someone could please help me out.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: no hoop embroidery

I can't see how you can emb. without the hoop as that's what places the stitches. Have you used 505 spray to hold it in place on the stabiliser?

o
RE: no hoop embroidery

hi
You are talking about the hoopless embroidery, But you still use a hoop. I am telling you three different ways you can do hoopless embroidery. Number 1: Put your stabilizer in your hoop.You can use 505 temporary adhesive spray on the stabilizer, then put your bag on that. Lightly, press. The item sticks to the spray. You are not hooping the item itself, that is how you do hoopless embroidery.
Number 2:
Put your item on the stabilizer, pin it,(Using regular sewing straight pins.) Put on machine. Do a basting stitch on the machine, STOP just before pin (if its in the way)remove it. Remove all pins once basting stitch is done. Now do your embroidery.
Number 3:
You can buy sticky back stabilizer. You put the stabilizer in your hoop removing the peel of paper, then you have stickiness. Lay item on this and do embroidery. ok. I hope you understood everything. good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here