Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Putting letters together to make words

Posted by tangledupinthreads (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 08 at 20:04

Still trying to figure out things and this time it's making words. I have gotten monograms down to a science with my 4X4 pes format on PE-150. When I use font designs that I have purchased, I can just make my center letter and then do my other two letters one at a time on either side without having to change my positioning of my item to embroider. But what I cannot figure out is how to write words. I understand how to do it with the pre-programed fonts in my machine, and I have tried reading about it online, but somehow I'm missing something...either in my brain, my machine, or my purchased design!! When I load the fonts into my machine from my Ultimate box card, they can only be used one at a time in my machine. In other words, I can't program the entire word to sew out, even if it is in the 4x4 area size. Each letter has to be reset and a postion chosen and when I line them up by last ending stitch of last letter, there is overlapping. Anyone have suggestions or know what I may be doing wrong. Would love to think of embroidering poetry someday, but for now I would be happy with just a name! Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Putting letters together to make words

What you are needing is editing software to do what you want to do. I have Edit & Stitch by Amazing Designs, which works great for me. I am sure there are many others that work well, but this is the only software that I am familiar with. You bring each letter into your design in the software and position where you want it, save the design on your computer and then you can take the whole designed name into your Ultimate Box and then on to your machine. I do believe there is a trial version of this software that you can try out for a month. It can be found at www.amazingdesigns.com. When you get to the page, click on embroidery software on the left hand side. I think Edit & Stitch 2.0 is the newest version.

If you basically want to do only personalization, then maybe Personalize & Stitch would be a better option. However, if you want to do different things with designs (the website will explain the differences) then I think maybe Edit & Stitch would be the one. Good Luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here