Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k4rbm

Brother pe-150 bobin timing

k4rbm
15 years ago

I am having trouble with the machine not picking up the bobbin thread. It looks like the timing is off. Maybe it has jumped a tooth on the belt. I cannot find a soul that will give me this information. Can anyone help. Yes we have done the needle change, cleaned out the bobbin case and rethreaded the machine several times.

Comments (7)

• tangledupinthreads
    15 years ago

I have a PE-150 and am pretty new at learning all about how to use it, but one mistake I made was purchasing some pre-wound bobbins from eBay and receiving the wrong size. It took me a little time to realize they were just slightly taller than the ones that came with the machine. Once I got the proper size in, the bobbin worked fine. This may not have anything to do with your problem, but I thought I would mention it just in case! Good luck.

• kick153
    15 years ago

My PE 150 is very picky about the weight of bobbin thread. As long as I used Coats & Clark 70 wt. I was fine. Even Brother's 90 wt. thread wasn't compatible. Check your bobbin casing very closely for a tiny bit of thread that might be caught in there. That happened to me and once I got it removed, the machine worked great.

Also as Tangle mentioned, you must use the correct size bobbins. Hope we helped!

• k4rbm
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You are both correct. We have had this machine for about 5 years. We too have been through all the wrong thread size, bobbin size ect over the past few years but this is obvious to the eye. When the pickup comes around to grab the thread the needle is up not down. This is the first hickup and believe me it has had some emb. ran through it. I find it interesting that even Brother will not tell you how to time this machine. It is no different from a car, same principle. The gear on the bottom of the bobbin has teeth and a belt. it has obviously jumped a tooth. It has timing marks somewhere and there are instructions somewhere. Everyone wants money. Money, money money. I am retired and capable of fixing this machine as I repair everything. When I find out I will post it that is for sure.

Thanks

• xxkezxx
    12 years ago

I'm new to embroidery,and have just brought a brother pe-150,and thought i'd got a bargain,I've done everything,cleaned,changed needles,rethread it about 50 times,but my top thread will not pick up bottom thread,from everything I've read I'm thinking it may be the timing,not sure how to go about fixing this,looked in the manual and looked all online,don't understand it,feeling very frustrated and very disappointed,can anyone help?

• sandybugg
    12 years ago

I have a repair manual and part manual

• kwhitleyfoster
    8 years ago

mousekabob - did you find an answer to your problem? I'm having the same issue!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations