Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marathon threads

Posted by starsgoals (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 16, 04 at 16:10

Does anyone have a web address for on-line purchasing of Marathon embroidery threads within the USA. Also, what is your opinion of their threads?

Does anyone have any info on on-line purchasing of pre-wound bobbins for a Janome Memory Craft 5700? I ordered a supply a couple of years back but "shame on me" for not bookmarking the vendor.

Thanks,
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marathon threads

I get my pre wound bobbins off Ebay.
Here is a link to some for your machine.

Here is a link that might be useful: pre wound bobbins

o

I routinely use Marathon's poly threads and love them. and i buy prewound bobbins in black and white by the gross online.

o

Thank you for responding Jenni and Diana. Diana, do you have a web address for Marathon?

Nancy

o

Nancy:
I use marathon thread (both rayon and poly) exclusively. Their web site is www.marathonusa.com. They have more than one location, so you might want to look and see which is closest to you. I order from Chicago and usually get my thread within a couple days.

Laura

o

Thanks, Laura. Is there much difference in the sheen of Marathon's poly versus rayon embroidery threads? Do you know how the vibrancy of Marathon's threads compares with Robison-Anton? I am certainly impressed with their advertised prices.

Nancy

o

I've never used Robison-Anton, so I can't compare them, but I really don't see a difference in the colors and sheen of marathon's rayon and poly. Because of this, I'm slowly but surely switching to all poly. They look just the same to me, and the poly can even be bleached without fading.

o

RA threads and marathons compare well, and marathon is so much cheaper. and laura's comment about the bleaching is why i switched to poly. i did bleach tests with cotton, poly and rayon thread on table linens and kids stuff and the poly fared the best.

and ask for a thread chart from marathon when you buy, it wil make future buying easier.

o

thanks for the info about the marathon threads...does anyone know of a place to get a color comparison chart....so many designs have a different thread brand number....it would be wonderful to be able to relate to other brands.....thanks for any info....I have been trying to find something like this...Judy in Louisiana...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here