Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stitch Erase

Posted by mtpockets (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 21, 04 at 14:41

Have heard that the "stitch erase" works the same as a cheaper mustache trimmer but how do you go about "erasing" the stitched designs? Do you go from back of the design? Or from the front? Is it just repeated motion of the trimmer over the stitches that you need/want to eliminate? I hate to throw out any mistakes - would rather be able to selvage them & stitch over if possible.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Maryann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stitch Erase

You go from the backside & cut the bobbin stitches & sort of scratch across the front to clear what you've cut. If you did not get it all, flip it over & work some more. You hold the trimmer bottomside upwards & work with it's teeth. There is a brush to clean it up & oil to lubicate the blades. I bought a Wahl that works on batteries or corded. There is nothing more aggervating than working on a project & the battery going dead. I paid about $20 for it at Target & bought a back up, stashed away, at Big Lots, same theory but it has a vacuum, for about the same price.

I have saved several projects by having it.

o

Thanks so much for the info. I've been tempted to try my husband's mustache trimmer but, on second thought, better go out & buy one to use just for my embroidery mistakes.

Maryann

o

I would definitely go for the mustache trimmer. If you have a large section to take out, it is a definite time saver. If you have just a few stitches, unsew with the needle to pull the stitches out.

You will find that you get a lot of fuzz from shaving threads. I use tape, sticky side out around my hand like a lint brush, to get rid of the fuzz and some loose cut threads too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here