Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seat Belt

Posted by stitcheasy2003 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 29, 06 at 14:02

Hello
Has anyone ever done this seat belt cozy?
Name of site:
http://www.sewweird.com/seatbeltcozy.htm
1. Where do you place the design on the fabric? Do you fold the fabric in half or quater?
2.What is the biggest size of design width and length that can be used?
3.Have you made it shorter? If so, what length?
4.Have you ever used cotton and a batting instead of fleece?
5.Did you find any difference in the cotton or fleece if you used both?
6. For batting she means to use fleece batting or quilt batting not the fleece fabric? Would it not be too thick with fleece fabric as a batting??
7.Have you used one long piece of velcro instead of the squares?
Suggestions Please.
Thank you B.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seat Belt

I've made a few of them and they were fun to make. I used 100% cotton over the fleece, but a friend of mine was making them like a quilt with batting between the cotton and that came out great too.

Since I made them for myself and two of my quilting friends, I put "I 2(within a heart)Quilt!" on them and fit it into my 6" hoop going up and down to utilize the length of the hoop in my layout. I just made sure that the embroidery was facing the bottom edge of the cozy.

I also did use one long piece of velcro instead of the squares because I think it would hold better and look smoother.

Lucy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here