Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TO:andreebrod

Posted by stitcheasy2003 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 27, 06 at 7:22

Hi
Have you ever used fleece batting for bibs and burpcloths? or needlepunch?
Instead of using tearaway for terry have you ever used cutaway?
If there is a lot of washing, with tearaway, its gone and there is nothing holding the stitches. I use cutaway and wss on top. thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TO:andreebrod

For terry, I only use WSS top and bottom. It shouldn't need anything after embroidery to support it. Think hand emb. It has nothing under it. All my towels are fine after many washings and you don't want to see any stabiliser top or bottom.

o

Thank you for the information about the cut away instead of the tear away ... I wouldn't have thought of using this. What is WSS? Is it like a thin plastic???
A.

o

WSS = water soluable stabaliser. There is one that looks like white fabric, but it washes out. It's great on towels and free standing lace where you don't want anything to show after.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here