Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redpenny_gw

anyone have links to free embroidery downloads

redpenny
19 years ago

Would like to know if any one would share free embroidery links to download.

Red

Comments (18)

• stitchntime9
    19 years ago

They are all over the place red. If you go to sewingworld.com in the machine embroidery section, there are scads of links for free designs.

My personal favorite is Ann the Gran. Note how she has the designs organized you can adapt to your own needs and start organizing the minute you start downloading by folder category and renaming the designs to remind you what they are. I also suggest saving them directly to CD for the simple fact that although you have a new computer, it will only hold so much. You will get so busy downloading you won't be watching how much disk space you have left and your system will crash without a backup copy of those designs in sight--downloading free designs is habit forming. You can spend a whole day at Ann The Gran alone.

• redpenny
    Original Author
    19 years ago

stitchntime,
    found her site. Have to read how to download .What do you use to unzip files.Also did you do the trial verson what kind of machine do you have I have a pe-150 brother thats a 4 by 4 hoop area I seen some desigans larger

• redpenny
    Original Author
    19 years ago

stitchntime,
    On the sewingworld.com I can't get nothing on none of the tabs except the forum Why?The Ann The Gran site I looked up seperate.On the sewingworld.com it comes up as new page 1
    Red

• redpenny
    Original Author
    19 years ago

stitchntime,
    this is all I get?

Here is a link that might be useful: downloads

• stitchntime9
    19 years ago

You are on the correct page. The other tabs don't work, just click on discuss and then on the machine embroidery tab.

Your computer already has winzip that unzips files for you. After you download and file in the folders you created, you right click on the zipped file with the zipper on it and proceed to unzip the file. The designs without the zipper don't need to be unzipped. Use the help feature on your computer where it will fully explain how to zip and unzip a file, print it out, and practice on a few duplicate designs to get the hang of it.

I have a PE-150 also. Condo remodeling, painting and carpet cleaning sidetracked me from sewing and the sewing machines. Next week I call the realtor and am back to sewing--the sewing twitches are really getting bad, the unfinished projects are stacked to the ceiling, and finally found the three finished hummels I have to frame. Needless to say, the next condo I buy will require a lot of blank wall space to hang my ever increasing "art work".

My only salvation in figuring machine embroidery out is my computer training, watching the PBS and cable sewing programs I have always watched, and the homework I did before buying an embroidery machine.

• redpenny
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks stitchntime9,
    you are really smart with computers found it in the help section about zip znd unzip files.
    I bet when your all done your condo will be great.I have a house before we bought this house I seen a great condo I wanted my husband wanted this house.I hate it. I like everything on one floor.here I have to go up and down steps
    my husband has tons of yard work I think he is sorry now he didn't listin to me and get the condo the condo was bigger than this house.

• stitchntime9
    19 years ago

That's the one reason I didn't go for a regular house....I hate yard work involving a grass lawn and always have from the time I was a small child and had to pull weeds out of the new lawn--flower beds and flower pots, I like to do.

The stuff I'm done with should have been done before moving into this place 4 years ago and never got done. Now I'm selling and looking for another condo on one floor in a location I like.

• tammyinwv
    18 years ago

I have some freebies on my site.
    tammy

Here is a link that might be useful: Stitch This Designs

• colleenny
    18 years ago

Here's a link for some free embroidery
    Colleen

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Embroidery Stuff

• colleenny
    18 years ago

Red, You need winzip to unzip the zip files. I have a Brother PE150 also. I use it quite a bit. Do you have a Cardwriter box? You will need that to move the files from your computer to your embroidery machine.
    Colleen

• keepeminstitches
    18 years ago

Stitchintime, did you use the thread that came with the Pfaff Hummel CD? How did the colors compare with the real figurines, in your opinion?

Mary L

• jennicalifornia
    18 years ago

I know you asked for free but this site is well worth the little bit it costs to join. There are thousands of designs to download. I have been a member for a long time and have never had a bad design. Every one has stitched out perfect!
    You might want to take a look at it.
    There are all kinds of things there, including a message board.

Here is a link that might be useful: Embroidery site

• stitchntime9
    18 years ago

I didn't buy the CD because I didn't want the thread kit that ran the whole thing up to almost $150 with tax. I have enough thread and do hand cross stitch with every DMC color known.

I discussed this with the dealer and told her the colors were off according to what the statues colors are and why I didn't want the thread kit, just the CD. The CD embroideries were licensed by the convent who owns the Hummel rights and digitized from the original paintings done over 60+ years ago...paintings probably have never been cleaned although archieved so you know the colors are off, especially on skin tones. The figurines are painted with oxide glaze colors I prefer.

• elizabeth_digitizer
    18 years ago

Yes, i have some on mine....enjoy! Hugs!

Here is a link that might be useful: Elizabeths Embroideries.com

• tundrakid
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    There is a free Rose Angel design on my pages and some other designs.
    tundrakid

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Angels in Embroidery

• nevi
    10 years ago

hi:)
    There are some free DST downloads available for anyone that likes fonts etc. I used the optional link url to post it.

Here is a link that might be useful: About Keyboard Fonts

• reencrochets
    10 years ago

http://www.embroiderygarden.com/shop/

Click on Designs>Free Designs & Projects

Here is a link that might be useful: Embroidery Garden

Sponsored