Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shifting stitches

Posted by embroiderymom (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 07 at 23:14

I am trying to embroider on a quilt (thin batting top and bottom are cotton). I am using a quilting design by Viking on my Designer II machine. It works fine on my samples, but when I put in on the quilt it looks like the fabric has shifted when it back stitches over the original stitches. Can someone help me please? This quilt is for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shifting stitches

The only thing I can think of is that the bulk of the quilt is causing some drag. Can you support the weight better?

o
RE: shifting stitches

I have moved to a large table and support it when in operation. I thought drag might be a problem also, but I THINK I have addressed that problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here