Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Batting and embroidery

Posted by redpenny (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 11, 04 at 18:47

Has any one ever tried to embroider a block with their embroidery machine. What I mean is to have a top cover material a piece of low loft batting and bottom cover material a sandwich.
Also I don't think you would need to use stablize sheets
do you . I have a Brother Pe-150.I usually do the embroidery on the top block but I thought this might make a striking embroidery? What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Batting and embroidery

The jump stitches and everything else would show on the back side of the sandwich. Seems better to do individual embroideries and then put bat between to hide all the underside evils.

o

Your right! The only reason I asked is that when I do embroider I use the same color in the bobbin as I embroider with a lot of people told me they just use white in their bobbin what do you do?

o

At this point in time--just finishing painting the last room, then back to sewing and embroidery, twitch twitch--I used the same thread top and bottom.

The sewing twitches are getting bad...need to do something about that....LOL.

o

Redpenny - I have a quilting card that came with my Brother machine. It has quilting designs and applique designs. I have done some quilting by just putting the quilt sandwich in the hoop and letting it embroider. It is programmed as continuous-line designs, so it doesn't have jump stitches on the back. I have not used stabilizer and have had good results.

o

msmeow,
Do you have a brother pe-150? What is the name of your quilting card.

o

I have used embroidery with placemat type fleece batting but not as a sandwich. I would not care for the back side showing on my project. I did use stabilizer with this wgt bating.

o
RE: Batting

Redpenny - mine is a PC8500. It takes those little cards (about 1 x 2 inches) - it's Brother's card # 22, I think.

o

Msmeow,
You have a way better machine the me I have the PE-150.
I could check oh to see if it fits by machine.I think it might?

o

I would think Brother's cards would fit all their machines, wouldn't you? They are expensive, though. I only have the 2 that came with my machine. I got it at a show last year and got a great deal - 1/2 the list price plus a boatload of extra stuff - couldn't pass it up! You know what they say - easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission :-))))! DH took it pretty well...

o

Ms meow,
I have 4 white cards they are compatable no brother I bought mine on ebay at a very good price. even on ebay brother cards are expensive.

o

As long as the card is in .PES format, it will work on your machine.

I have a Martha Pullen lace card that is not Brother and it works fine.

o

stitchntime,
Thanks for the information.
Red

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here