Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redpenny_gw

Batting and embroidery

redpenny
19 years ago

Has any one ever tried to embroider a block with their embroidery machine. What I mean is to have a top cover material a piece of low loft batting and bottom cover material a sandwich.

Also I don't think you would need to use stablize sheets

do you . I have a Brother Pe-150.I usually do the embroidery on the top block but I thought this might make a striking embroidery? What do you think?

Comments (12)

• stitchntime9
    19 years ago

The jump stitches and everything else would show on the back side of the sandwich. Seems better to do individual embroideries and then put bat between to hide all the underside evils.

• redpenny
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Your right! The only reason I asked is that when I do embroider I use the same color in the bobbin as I embroider with a lot of people told me they just use white in their bobbin what do you do?

• stitchntime9
    19 years ago

At this point in time--just finishing painting the last room, then back to sewing and embroidery, twitch twitch--I used the same thread top and bottom.

The sewing twitches are getting bad...need to do something about that....LOL.

• msmeow
    19 years ago

Redpenny - I have a quilting card that came with my Brother machine. It has quilting designs and applique designs. I have done some quilting by just putting the quilt sandwich in the hoop and letting it embroider. It is programmed as continuous-line designs, so it doesn't have jump stitches on the back. I have not used stabilizer and have had good results.

• redpenny
    Original Author
    19 years ago

msmeow,
    Do you have a brother pe-150? What is the name of your quilting card.

• joansews4u
    19 years ago

I have used embroidery with placemat type fleece batting but not as a sandwich. I would not care for the back side showing on my project. I did use stabilizer with this wgt bating.

• msmeow
    19 years ago

Redpenny - mine is a PC8500. It takes those little cards (about 1 x 2 inches) - it's Brother's card # 22, I think.

• redpenny
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Msmeow,
    You have a way better machine the me I have the PE-150.
    I could check oh to see if it fits by machine.I think it might?

• msmeow
    19 years ago

I would think Brother's cards would fit all their machines, wouldn't you? They are expensive, though. I only have the 2 that came with my machine. I got it at a show last year and got a great deal - 1/2 the list price plus a boatload of extra stuff - couldn't pass it up! You know what they say - easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission :-))))! DH took it pretty well...

• redpenny
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ms meow,
    I have 4 white cards they are compatable no brother I bought mine on ebay at a very good price. even on ebay brother cards are expensive.

• stitchntime9
    19 years ago

As long as the card is in .PES format, it will work on your machine.

I have a Martha Pullen lace card that is not Brother and it works fine.

• redpenny
    Original Author
    19 years ago

stitchntime,
    Thanks for the information.
    Red