Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Embroidering with SE270D

Posted by jd_smith (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 07 at 17:33

Hi.. I just got my machine yesterday and it works great for sewing, but having a problem with embroidering. It didn't come with any stablizer sheets, so maybe that's my problem, I've tried using a peice of non-stream denim (fairly light-weight) and a simple built-in design.

The problem is the thread bunches up underneath. I using red embroider thread from walmart and the embroider bobbin thread that came with the machine. It'll do a few stiches then bind up.. and leave a whole tangled glob of thread on the bottom of the fabric.

Is this just an issue of not having a stablizer sheet? I've even tried doing one stitch at a time and it does the same.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Embroidering with SE270D

having stabiliser will help. It sounds like a tension problem. Have you got the presser foot DOWN?

o

Hi... did you end up liking the SE 270 D?? I am thinking of purchasing a used one. Originally I was thinking a Brother PE150 but I think the 270D might give me more options... what are your thoughts??? (I have NO experience, just excited to start learning and creating)

o

I have had that problem too. (I have same machine) It seems for me that it is either the tension is not right, or when my bobbin thread starts to get low this happens. I have ruined several items this way. Stabilizer will help a LOT too as well as something on the top. Hope this helps!

o

I had that problem. I don't know about the stabilizer, but I found I was using the wrong thread cap. I have those big spools of thread and I thought I should use the big cap. The instructions are not very clear. Because the spool is smaller at the top I had to switch to the small thread cap. I have never had the problem again. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here