Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what's everyone working on?

Posted by yorkibear (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 05 at 17:28

I'm sure with all the hot and rainy weather we all seem to have that the embroideriers are in the house working on projects.. SOOOO what 'cha been making? I have been doing special orders for monogramed towels for weddings. Next........

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what's everyone working on?

I stumbled across a website that had a free embroidery pattern for a Harry Potter bookmark. something fast and nice to make for the kids with a little thread and some felt.

o

I found that too,but haven't made that one yet. I found a freebie on a yahoo forum for a door hanger sign about Harry Potter and made that. It turned out pretty good for me to have never made a door hanger before.

o

I just finished working on a christening gown, I made the dress and then embroidered "Mommy's Little Angel" on it, for one of my friends. I have also just finished working on a couple of pillows with monograms on them for my daughter in law.

o

We have had too much lightning to do much. I found some really nice caps at Big Lots & I am preparing to use the cap hoop I bought a few weeks back. Doing some back to school outfits for a little grand niece.

o

Joan, where did you get your cap hoop? I remember you got it at a good price. I have read about nancy's notions but they haven't had them for quite some time. Their catalog was printed before they ran out.

o

I had a bin full of fabric washed and ready to sew and I decided that I was going to make all those garments by the end of July. So far I've embroidered 3 ready-made T shirts, sewn 2 tank top/shirt sets, 1 blouse, 1 dress, 1 skirt & top set, a pair of pants, a kitchen towel and a stuffed frog. The only thing left is a skirt; it's cut out and I will probably sew it tonight when I get home. Then I can start on the pile of quilt projects! :D

o

Not much sewing this summer (too hot), but today I started the Michelle's Designs purse called The Legacy with a fancy monogram. Got the embroidery done on one, plan to do two as long as I'm at it. Got Dan Rivers pre-quilted denim (not double-sided) called SandCastle on-line for the purses. It's really nice fabric. Will post a pic when done.

o

I have 36 lace bowls to get done by Oct 1 for a wedding. Also working on purses with Loralie designs on them. Finally cooled down here!

o

I finished the two denim purses. There is a pic of the front and the back of the purse in the Gallery.

o

Hey there, Sheila Kay here. I've just finished knitting 3 long scraves. Knitted 10 pairs of socks. And am now working on a cross stitch angle bookmark. Happy Sewing: Sheila Kay.

o

how do I get to the Gallery to see your postings..........I am new to this forum..I like the sound of the denim purses....I do a lot of denim recycling for sewing projects....Chris

o

Chrisstitch,
Go to the Sewing forum, click on Gallery at the top.
Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here