Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yorkibear

what's everyone working on?

yorkibear
18 years ago

I'm sure with all the hot and rainy weather we all seem to have that the embroideriers are in the house working on projects.. SOOOO what 'cha been making? I have been doing special orders for monogramed towels for weddings. Next........

Comments (12)

• colleenny
    18 years ago

I stumbled across a website that had a free embroidery pattern for a Harry Potter bookmark. something fast and nice to make for the kids with a little thread and some felt.

• yorkibear
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I found that too,but haven't made that one yet. I found a freebie on a yahoo forum for a door hanger sign about Harry Potter and made that. It turned out pretty good for me to have never made a door hanger before.

• iso4fun
    18 years ago

I just finished working on a christening gown, I made the dress and then embroidered "Mommy's Little Angel" on it, for one of my friends. I have also just finished working on a couple of pillows with monograms on them for my daughter in law.

• joansews4u
    18 years ago

We have had too much lightning to do much. I found some really nice caps at Big Lots & I am preparing to use the cap hoop I bought a few weeks back. Doing some back to school outfits for a little grand niece.

• yorkibear
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Joan, where did you get your cap hoop? I remember you got it at a good price. I have read about nancy's notions but they haven't had them for quite some time. Their catalog was printed before they ran out.

• msmeow
    18 years ago

I had a bin full of fabric washed and ready to sew and I decided that I was going to make all those garments by the end of July. So far I've embroidered 3 ready-made T shirts, sewn 2 tank top/shirt sets, 1 blouse, 1 dress, 1 skirt & top set, a pair of pants, a kitchen towel and a stuffed frog. The only thing left is a skirt; it's cut out and I will probably sew it tonight when I get home. Then I can start on the pile of quilt projects! :D

• keepeminstitches
    18 years ago

Not much sewing this summer (too hot), but today I started the Michelle's Designs purse called The Legacy with a fancy monogram. Got the embroidery done on one, plan to do two as long as I'm at it. Got Dan Rivers pre-quilted denim (not double-sided) called SandCastle on-line for the purses. It's really nice fabric. Will post a pic when done.

• joly
    18 years ago

I have 36 lace bowls to get done by Oct 1 for a wedding. Also working on purses with Loralie designs on them. Finally cooled down here!

• keepeminstitches
    18 years ago

I finished the two denim purses. There is a pic of the front and the back of the purse in the Gallery.

• Sheila_Kay
    18 years ago

Hey there, Sheila Kay here. I've just finished knitting 3 long scraves. Knitted 10 pairs of socks. And am now working on a cross stitch angle bookmark. Happy Sewing: Sheila Kay.

• chrisstitch
    17 years ago

how do I get to the Gallery to see your postings..........I am new to this forum..I like the sound of the denim purses....I do a lot of denim recycling for sewing projects....Chris

• keepeminstitches
    17 years ago

Chrisstitch,
    Go to the Sewing forum, click on Gallery at the top.
    Mary

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz