Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Expert advice on which machine

Posted by pettiet (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 31, 06 at 17:02

I would like to spend around $500 on an embroidery machine for diapers, bibs, blankets, etc. For those who have been embroidering for some time, which machine on the market would in your opinion get me the most for my money. I have been sewing for 30 some odd years. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Expert advice on which machine

Hi
I would say the Kenmore machine. If you just want to do small designs look at the Kenmore Elite. See if you can buy a Kenmore 19001, it would be second hand. Kenmore are beautiful machines. I have never had any trouble with that brand. I have other brands and trouble all the time. B.

o
RE: Expert advice on which machine

You will get a variety of opinions...the one constant is try the machines out to see which one is the best fit for you.

You might be able to find a decent machine second hand at the dealers. Since you are doing childrens clothing, you may want to look at the Brother line of machines, particularly the Disney line. Not only do you have the Disney designs, you can use a miriad of other designs also. Personally, I would spend more money and go for a combo machine as you always need a backup machine.

I also have a Singer CE200 that is computer dependent and does a beautiful job embroidering. I just have problems with the tight sewing space and trying to change a needle much less anything else. The software pays for itself because it converts designs in different formats.

I think you may have to spend some quality time with your computer to do searches for machines within your price range that meets your needs. It saves shoe leather, you can print out the fact sheets for the ones you like, and then go and investigate those machines.

Also note that the expense does not stop with the machine, just like any other sewing with machine embroidery thread, stabilizers, hoops, needles, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here