Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Creating larger embroidery designs

Posted by sewcrafty2000 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 23, 08 at 12:32

I have a Brother PE 150 and the Ultimate Box. I have been very happy with everything I have been able to create from this combo but now I desire to embroider larger than 4X4 designs. I am wondering what I need to do this. Do I need a different embroidery machine, Ultimate Box, or both? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Joanna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Creating larger embroidery designs

YOU HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY THE BUG!!! I, myself started on a Brother PE 150. It did a wonderful job for me, and I was not long in yearning to produce the beautiful larger designs. In order to do that, you will need to purchase another machine. Depending on what machine you would purchase, that would determine if your ultimate box would work with it.

There are several companies that will split designs for you, but that is expensive, and IMO it is hard getting the second half of the design to stitch properly aligned after needing to rehoop the fabric.

Let me suggest that if you are looking for another machine (I have a Brother Innovis 1500D), you seek one with the larger than 5 x 7 embroidery area (the Innovis 1500D has 6 x 10), as you will no doubt find designs larger than the 5 x 7 hoop that you will want to stitch. (The 6 x 10 will do beautiful jacket backs.)

Expense is a factor, I know. I think the Brother 270 will do 5 x 7 designs, and is in the $400 to $500 range (haven't checked prices lately). My Innovis was expensive ($2,000 plus), but it has been worth every penny I have paid for it. Save your pennies if you enjoy doing this. YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!

o
RE: Creating larger embroidery designs

Ouch...$2000.00 plus. It is nice to have a ballpark figure though. Thank you Thank you I am keeping the info you gave me because yes, I HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY THE BUG! Happy Sewing, Joanna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here