Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
covering back of embroidery work

Posted by mstevenson (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 08 at 10:59

I love to embroidery on sweatshirts and tshirts for my grandkids. I have one that always says it is itchy and it bothers her. Is there someway or something to cover this with that would be soft and not itchy?
Thanks, grandma Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: covering back of embroidery work

Use an Iron-on backing to cover the embroidery. Can't remember what it's called - try your local shop.

o

You might want to try a "mesh" cutaway stabilizer. However, when I use it, I also use tearaway for more stability and so my design won't pucker. If that is what you used, then I agree with islay....there is iron on backing. Only problem with it that I have found is after several washings, the edges have a tendency to loosen from the fabric.

o

I ran across a wonderful website that has helped me greatly.
A suggestion was to complete the embroidery then to iron on a piece of flannel a little larger than the embroidery area using a fusible web like wonder-under. Putting the fusing material to the back of the embroidery area and the flannel against the skin. It is great for all ages and especially with baby and children's clothes.

You might want to check it out:
http://www.emblibrary.com/el/elprojects/holder.aspx?page=techniques

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here