Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PE Design v5.x and Magic Box invalid format

Posted by GGGG (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 13, 04 at 7:43

I am new to PE Design - just bought it recently. I have v5.61. When I attempt to read designs with the Magic Box s/w, some of the .pes files created by (or saved by) PE Design are not recognizable, giving an invalid file format error. I think the Magic Box s/w version is 1.8. Anyone else had this problem? I need both because the box is connected to my laptop (near the Bernina) which has no network connection, and the PE Design runs on a workstation in another place where I can access the Internet, etc. So I use the cards for file portability.

Thanks,
Gordon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PE Design v5.x and Magic Box invalid format

Wrong thing to use for portability. Try using a disk or cd to transfer the files back and forth. Do your PE Design work on the workstation computer, save it to a file on a disk or CD and then walk it over to the laptop to have the magic box pick the file up and transfer it to the card. We did this many a time in the old DOS and LAN days when there was a system crash and took the disk to someone else's computer to use--usually happened during a late afternoon rush job.

You may have a conflict because of two different manufacturers so the one box is not going to read what's on the other box's card or you are putting the card in the wrong slot, particularly if you have an arista machine, slot 2 and putting it in slot 1, deco or visa versa.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here