Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ultimate Box vs Simplicity Box

Posted by redpenny (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 04 at 0:49

My husband has told me within the next month I would be able to get a box for my embroidery machine. I now have Windows XP. I have read reviews on the simplicity box were they were having problems with Windows XP and their box.
I read great reviews about the Ultimate Box but nothing about if anyone had problem using it with windows XP.Anyone have either and do you have Windows XP.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ultimate Box vs Simplicity Box

I have an Ultimate Box that hooks up by serial port since I had a free serial port and the USB Ultimate box was more expensive. I have Windows XP and it works perfect! I just got mine a couple weeks ago...new to embroidering. Very easy to set up and have used it many many times already, I'm embroidering everything I can get my hands on. I have a Husqvarna Iris. I've been loading up to 3 designs at a time and I know it holds lots lots more but I don't know what I want to embroider too much in advance.
Hope this helps.
Oh, I bought my Ultimate box off ebay, new, sealed for $115 plus shipping.
Joly

o

Joly, thanks I was pricing them on ebay too! That was a really good price!
Red

o

Hello,
I have Windows XP and an Ultimate USB cardwriter and the card itself. Have it a week and love it! Couldn't live without it. I can write about 28(!!!) designs at the card at the same time. But once you have 1 card you'll want one more, because when you want new designs on the card the other ones get erased.
I paid 170 dollar (excl. shipping) for the box AND the card.
Enjoy and good luck!

o

PES-2 Reader Writer Box and Software I just purchased at a great deal! Now I have to purchase the card.Everyone enjoy your new boxes Red

o

I know this is a verylate response, but I had mine delivered yesterday Nov 28th, and could only do the download etc tonight 29th Nov. I am thrilled with it.
Tomorrow morning I am attempting the first embroidery pattern, with my Simplicity SE3. I am so thrilled with it, I hope I am successful in the morning on the first pattern.
Regards,
Moggy_11

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here