Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wnott

Another Brother PE Design Question

wnott
15 years ago

Hello All,

I need help from someone who knows these Brother machines and the software. I don't have a machine but my D M-I-L does; but she she is computer challenged - to say the least! She just bought an Innov-is 4000D and DH thinks mom should be able to punch out his company logo on a shirt! (Who signed me up for this????) OK - we have the logo in .jpg and pd to have someone digitize it. I sent it (the file) to my friend who has a Viking embroidery machine and does this all the time (lol) and she has saved it in .pes file & sent it back.

Then I read in an article on this machine that with this software you can transfer a photo to embroidery in 2 easy steps?????????????????? The article says the software is $99.00??? I have shopped and find there are several 'levels' of software. PE Lite for $99.? but complete program $350. or so.

Will PE Lite do what we need to do to get this file on her machine? She wants a CD with a .pes file but can I save this on a CD with out the software? I can't open it. Mom has PED Basic but that was software for old embroidery machine. She has never installed it on her computer. Does she need it now with this new machine.

Do we need to buy PE Design? which one? Can this get any more complicated? Please help!!!

I have embroidered by hand since I was a little girl and now do silk ribbon embroidery when I have time. I am a long arm quilter, gardener and help hubby out with his business most of the time.

Thanks a million in advance for help with this.

wnott

Comments (2)