Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Embroidery-Topaz 20

Posted by mamakat3 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 9, 09 at 21:19

I am very familiar with machine emb. having been using my Viking Rose for about 8 years now. Just purchased a Topaz 20, and noticed there is no template for placement of emb. before hooping. So I tried my first emb with what I thought was a center placement but it went too far to right. Can anyone tell me how they figure placement of the hoop to get it right? Thanks a million.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Embroidery-Topaz 20

Can you sew your own template and starch it, or run it through a copy machine to put it on paper?

Use design software to make a large rectangle with the maximum dimensnsions for your machine. Add an X connecting the corners to identify the middle, embroider it, and before de-hooping trace the inside edge of the hoop. Then de-hoop and cut along the line to make a drop in template

o
RE: Embroidery-Topaz 20

Glad to see someone else with a Topaz 20. Check your marks on the hoop. The center of the hoop is not the center of the design. The hoop has alignment marks. This was hard for me to learn to do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here