Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Designer 1

Posted by smutchl (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 8, 08 at 19:13

I just bought a used Designer 1, I am missing the first disk of the set of four that I think comes with a new machine, does any one know how I can get the first disk? I'm trying to figure this all out, I'm so excited to get
started on my new machine, well new to me. Thank you for
any help.
smutchl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Designer 1

I don't think you will be able to get the designs. You can't copy them from anyone and they are not on the Viking site. However, there are free designs on the Viking site. There are TONS of sites on the internet to purchase designs or to download free designs. Bunnycup right now has many retired sets for free. Believe me, you will not be short designs after a while on the internet. Have fun with your D1. I've only had mine for about 7 months now. It's certainly getting the embroidery workout.

o

HI, I have a question regarding my designer I. My usb thingy has stopped being able to be read on my computer. No computer problems though. It will read through once and then read only 3/4 of the way the second time. Has anyone dealt with this issue before...I may need to go buy it all over again.
thanks diane

o

I had an issue with my USB stick about 5 months ago. All of a sudden it quite working. I wouldn't pull up designs on the computer. Luckily, my machine is still under warranty and the dealer gave me a new stick. I was freaking out because I wasn't sure if they would give me a new stick. The price on those things are criminal.

o

Is it possible the amount of space the designs use up that you have put on the USB exceed the maximum. I have the D2 with a reader/writer. In the past I had trouble transfering designs on my D2 card. I erased all the designs on the card, started fresh saving designs and then had no problems. The card was no longer "full".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here