Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Machine, Big Problem

Posted by fallingup13 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 18:18

I just got started on my new machine. It wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be. I have 1 major problem.
I filled the bobbin, threaded the machine properly, and picked out a programmed pattern to try it out.

The pattern is a heart. The problem, the bobbin thread is showing on top instead of the color embroidery thread. I used a piece of sheeting material, and the stabilizer that came with the machine.

The heart came out very nice, the stitching is great. The red thread shows up on the wrong side, and only a small amount, that is almost all white too. A very tiny bit of red came out on the front when it first started.

I've tried re threading, removing and replacing the bobbin, but it still comes out with the bobbin thread on top.

I finally got too frustrated and left it. Can anyone give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong.

Pictured is the right side of fabric. You can see in the center where it started out red.

I appreciate any help and input I can get.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Machine, Big Problem

You may need to adjust your tension....it determines how far up into the fabric the bobbin thread is pulled. This may be related to the weight of thread you are using as well as the material you are stitching. Your user manual should have something in it on adjusting tension.

o

So where does the red thread end up--is it under the bottom? Did you thread with the foot raised so the thread can go into the tension disks? And lower the foot before stitching? It has almost always been that when the problem is on top, it originates with the bobbin, and vice versa. Looks maybe like you don't have the bobbin thread thru it's tension guide. Otherwise, change weight of bottom thread and try different design (it could 'possibly' be corrupted design)...but I don't think so. Let us know what you are trying.

o

I know red thread started at the beginning...not sure if it ended there. The thread I used on both top and bottom came with the machine. I'll re read on threading of the bobbin and adjust it. I'll be back....I hope your here too :)

Thank you both so much for your help.

Here's a picture of the back.

o

Just want to give a big thank you to the ladies that helped me. It was the top tension. I've adjusted it making it tighter and it is working well now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here