Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help from someone with Ultimate Box

Posted by Marti8a (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 18, 04 at 16:23

I had to take my computer out of the wall unit while I painted & since some components are in one part & some in another, I had to take most of the cords off. I got most of them back on right, but I have two power supplies that I'm not sure about. One is for the scanner & one is for the Ultimate Box. Can you look at your power supply & tell me if it is about the size of a phone charger, or bigger, and if it says it was made by GlobTek, NJ USA or somewhere else? Thanks!

btw, I'm on a rant - why can't someone think of a way to control this spider web of cords?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help from someone with Ultimate Box

They have cord minders that look like a spiral phone cord and some larger that look like a plastic spiral binder. You could probably use one or the other to keep the spagetti together. There are electrical tie wraps you can use that are good to use for other things--usually found in the hardware store or local home center.

Process of elimination: the socket in the back of the scanner will automatically tell you whether you have the right power supply and then the other is for the ultimate box.

I'm about to go through the same thing you are...only difference is my setup is on a cart so I only have to wheel the thing out of the way and throw a drop cloth on it. In your situation, I would have labeled the power supply right after detaching it from the device and which USB device goes in which port so when I power up again I don't get device conflicts.

o

You know, I thought about labeling the cords, but we were in a big hurry & my tape & markers were already under a tarp & I figured dh could figure it out when he got home. He did really well on everything except these two cords. And they both fit in the scanner & the Ultimate box, so I don't know which is which.

o

What brand scanner do you have? If it is an HP, I can help. My box is an OESD and powers off the computer so I don't have to cope with another power supply.

o

Can anyone tell me if you really NEED to use the power supply from the ultimate box???
I'm from the Netherlands and want an ultimate box, but the power voltage is different here...
Thanks.

o

I would check with a European store for a box with your voltage requirement.

o

Hi, Sabineke - I don't know about the Ultimate Box, but I have the Amazing Box, and it's power comes from the computer. It only has a USB connector. It will read & write cards in most formats, I think. It's from Amazing Designs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here