Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Machine applique

Posted by mizbee458 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 15:40

I have videos showing shape of item to be sewn is done as a first step in applique process. The embroidery .jef files I have don't offer this or an outline stitch. What is the wording I should use when searching for files specifically for applique?
Jacquie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Machine applique

Are you asking about machine applique or machine embroidery applique? There is a difference.

A machine embroidery design will(should) state if it is an (in-the-hoop)applique design, in the description. If not, the photo of the finished product will make it obvious. Any properly digitized machine embroidery applique design will have the initial placement line stitched out, then the second line that tacks the fabric down before coming back to secure the fabric with the decorative edge stitching.

The word you use when searching for a machine embroidery applique design would be 'applique.'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here