Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caitmon_gw

Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!

Caitmon
10 years ago

Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing when I decided I wanted to learn how to sew and embroider things for my babies. I looked around on Craigslist trying to find a good deal. I found the Brother SE-270D. The girl only wanted $80 and it worked and looked like it was in good condition. When I asked her about the embroidery unit that attaches on the end, she said "oh, I lost mine, but you can buy a new one from Brother for like $20". WRONG!!! Brother doesn't sell that part to consumers, they directed me to a local dealer. The dealer said they would sell it to me, but since Brother doesn't "make" that model anymore, they can't just order a new part. So basically, someone would have to bring in the same machine to my same dealer that is completely broken, and the only good piece on it is the embroidery unit, then the dealer would sell it to me. So, does anyone out there have an embroidery unit for a SE-270D??

Comments (36)

• dancingirl_gw
    10 years ago

You might haunt ebay, see if there might be one at Etsy, check the Goodwill auction on line frequently, and put up a "wanted" on Craigslist. You are probably beating a dead horse, because it is al older machine. BUT, who knows, you might get lucky--I have seen other model units on all the above sites. In the meantime, you have a pretty good sewing machine for only $80,maybe you could resell as such and then put the money toward an embroidery machine. If it sounded too good to be true........
    I'm sorry you didn't do some research prior to buying. Still, you never know!

• osueo
    10 years ago

I do!!!!
    The cassette threading system broke and my tech will not fix it.
    I was going to trash it but if someone can use it for parts we will figure out how.

• dancingirl_gw
    10 years ago

I, too, wish to sell my SE270d embroidery arm module, I just recently bought the machine just for the sewing machine--because it is small and lightweight for travel. I have no interest in the embroidery part because I already have 2 larger machines. It is in pristine condition, and I know it was barely used before the owner went into assisted care. I have tested and embroidered 3 designs.I can provide pix, but actually the stitching is done by the machine--the arm only positions for the needle. Caitmon has probably already found an arm--but ''just in case".

• dancingirl_gw
    10 years ago

I, too, wish to sell my SE270d embroidery arm module, I just recently bought the machine just for the sewing machine--because it is small and lightweight for travel. I have no interest in the embroidery part because I already have 2 larger machines. It is in pristine condition, and I know it was barely used before the owner went into assisted care. I have tested and embroidered 3 designs.I can provide pix, but actually the stitching is done by the machine--the arm only positions for the needle. Caitmon has probably already found an arm--but ''just in case". You may mail me from 'my page'

• TonyaB
    10 years ago

osueo and dancingirl-I am in desperate need of the embroidery unit for the brother se 270 d!! I would also be very interested in the feet, hoops or any other accessories you would sell. Dancingirl-I emailed you from your page. Osueo-I didn't see the email option on your page. My email addresses red79raider@yahoo.com. Thank you both and I look forward to hearing from each of you!

• lizk208
    10 years ago

Hi, if either of you haven't sold the unit to TonyaB or Caitman, please e-mail me as well, I've been hunting since january for the embroidery arm. My e-mail is lizshotpacksandmore@yahoo.com.

• TonyaB
    10 years ago

Lizk208-I have not heard from osueo and dancingirl has already sold her to her neighbor. If I find somewhere that we can order the unit I will let you know:)

• dancingirl_gw
    10 years ago

Hi girls, I was remiss in not updating my info. The neighbor backed out of buying because of sudden dental bills. However, I have decided to sell the machine complete, and buy a small sewing machine. It would be a shame to disable an almost new embroidery machine, and ultimately end up with someone doing a search as you are doing now. So I will be listing the entire package for sale. Thank you for responding, and please accept my apology for getting your hopes up. Wishing you very good luck in your search.

• Cece1996
    10 years ago

Hiii i stumbled upon this, and. Would love to know if any of you are still selling the embroidery unit...its for my moms anniversary present....my dad bought tge machine and we lost the arm..

• ravynfire
    9 years ago

Hello! I too am hoping any of you may be still trying to sell your SE-270D? I've also managed to lose the arm in my recent move. No way I can get it back now - grr!

• dancingirl_gw
    9 years ago

I sold my complete machine back in late 2013. I neglected to "keep my eyes open" for an arm only, but I will do a search & post if I find one. It is a good little sewing machine, but not my preference for embroidery. However, I have not had any complaints from the buyer of mine, and many seem to like it. My main dislike is the threading system.

• sayssandy
    9 years ago

DO any of you still have an EMBROIDERY ARM?
    I have lost mine and have tried to find for over 2 years. Actually need from 500D but have been told the 2 are interchangeable
    Thanks Sandy

• charm3570
    9 years ago

Do any of you have the attachment unit? I'm in desperate need for it!

• Riley Carmixhael
    9 years ago

My se270d embroidery machine is missing the embroidery unit, the card reader and card would you be willing to sell them to me?

• Riley Carmixhael
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Mammakate3 would you be willing to sell them to me? If so please email me at rileyc0601@gmail.com

• Riley Carmixhael
    9 years ago

@mammakate3

• charsie_hensley
    8 years ago

I bought mine from a lady and wasn't sure what I was supposed to be looking for. She said it was complete but it is missing the embroidery unit and anything else needed to embroider with. I was just wanting to make things for my grandkids. If anyone has this stuff please message me, charsie.hensley@gmail.com

• Geisha Perez
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

@ MammaKate3, DO any of you still have the EMBROIDERY ARM? Can you Sell it to me? Email me please geishaperez@gmail.com

thanks!

• convinced2
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I'm looking for the embroidery arm too. Anyone out there still have one? Please email me at Convinced2@verizon.net. Thank you!

• Jeff Wilson
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I am searching for an embroidery arm for the ULT2003D Brother machine, p/n XC3188001 if anyone can sell me one, I would appreciate it! jdw62305@gmail.com

• dancingirl_gw
    7 years ago

First, you need to start a new post for this particular arm to get attn of members. Second, you can search/request an arm for these models: Brother models 2001, 02, 03--babylock models Ellageo 1, 2, 3, ESG3, ESG...the arm is compatible- will fit all the above models. I have an Ellageo that I had been using my 2003 emb arm with until I recently bought another arm at eBay for $250....and that was a "best offer". I had been searching for at least a yr. they seem to be rare, but don't give up. Good luck!

• lperez123
    7 years ago

HELP!! Does anyone have an embroidery arm for a Disney 270D they'd be willing to sell me? Idk how these things get away from us... please email me at allwrappeduplauren@hotmail.com

• vicky_bailey2000
    6 years ago

Need the arm and card se 270d

• Tina Moore-dugas
    6 years ago

Need the embroidery unit and any cards or hoops pl email tdugas1985@gmail.com

• Anna Nevels Powers
    5 years ago

Add me . I need the embroidery arm and any cassette etc.

• dancingirl_gw
    5 years ago

I don't understand how an embroidery arm can be lost or misplaced--it is large enough to be noticeable...my arm is always near my machine.

Re the card, you can buy Brother design cards from ebay--but what you really need is Brother PE Basic software with card and card reader/writer. Then you can send designs from computer to card over and over. You can find this at ebay also, or Amazon, or Walmart on line.

• Anna Nevels Powers
    5 years ago

Mines not lost. I bought the machine used without those pieces.

• toots653
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Does anyone still have parts for a disney 270D? My embroidery carriage got misplaced in Hurricane Irma...

I so want to fix my machine so i can use it...

• dancingirl_gw
    5 years ago

Please don't put your email address here for scammers to copy! This site offers private messaging...be sure you have allowed PM's in your acct and you can get replies to your inbox w/o public seeing. This site is used all over the world. Just saying. Stay safe.

• toots653
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Okay sorry ive never done this before... i edited it

• dancingirl_gw
    5 years ago

toots653--you did a good thing! removing your email! Spammers are having a ball harvesting addresses to send their filthy spams to. I hope you find the emb arm, but if so you will prob pay as much as a complete machine. Have you searched ebay? Back in 2013 or 2014 I saw the emb unit there priced at $150 if my memory is correct. So if you look, look for the complete machine and compare prices.

• toots653
    5 years ago

Yes i did... but i did not see anything...

Thanks for your help... im learning... i may just buy a new prof. Machine...

Toots

• Vicki Whaley Lewis
    5 years ago

I'm also looking for the embroidery arm, I love this machine, and recently moved, somehow lost it! Anyone got one?

• Christina Moon
    4 years ago

Hi! I know this post is super old but I figured I'd try...so I think I need the embroidery arm too! I purchased the machine from a woman on Craigslist and it malfunctioned the FIRST time I used it at home. Worked fine when she demonstrated for me. Anyway I like embroidery and would really like to learn. I'm hoping one of you wonderful ladies (and possibly gentlemen) could be of assistance to me. All I want is to become a magnificent embroiderer... Thanks everyone!

• G C
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I also need an embroidery unit for a brother 270d if someone out there has one!