Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!

Posted by Caitmon (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 14:30

Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing when I decided I wanted to learn how to sew and embroider things for my babies. I looked around on Craigslist trying to find a good deal. I found the Brother SE-270D. The girl only wanted $80 and it worked and looked like it was in good condition. When I asked her about the embroidery unit that attaches on the end, she said "oh, I lost mine, but you can buy a new one from Brother for like $20". WRONG!!! Brother doesn't sell that part to consumers, they directed me to a local dealer. The dealer said they would sell it to me, but since Brother doesn't "make" that model anymore, they can't just order a new part. So basically, someone would have to bring in the same machine to my same dealer that is completely broken, and the only good piece on it is the embroidery unit, then the dealer would sell it to me. So, does anyone out there have an embroidery unit for a SE-270D??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!

You might haunt ebay, see if there might be one at Etsy, check the Goodwill auction on line frequently, and put up a "wanted" on Craigslist. You are probably beating a dead horse, because it is al older machine. BUT, who knows, you might get lucky--I have seen other model units on all the above sites. In the meantime, you have a pretty good sewing machine for only $80,maybe you could resell as such and then put the money toward an embroidery machine. If it sounded too good to be true........
I'm sorry you didn't do some research prior to buying. Still, you never know!

o

I do!!!!
The cassette threading system broke and my tech will not fix it.
I was going to trash it but if someone can use it for parts we will figure out how.

o

I, too, wish to sell my SE270d embroidery arm module, I just recently bought the machine just for the sewing machine--because it is small and lightweight for travel. I have no interest in the embroidery part because I already have 2 larger machines. It is in pristine condition, and I know it was barely used before the owner went into assisted care. I have tested and embroidered 3 designs.I can provide pix, but actually the stitching is done by the machine--the arm only positions for the needle. Caitmon has probably already found an arm--but ''just in case".

o

I, too, wish to sell my SE270d embroidery arm module, I just recently bought the machine just for the sewing machine--because it is small and lightweight for travel. I have no interest in the embroidery part because I already have 2 larger machines. It is in pristine condition, and I know it was barely used before the owner went into assisted care. I have tested and embroidered 3 designs.I can provide pix, but actually the stitching is done by the machine--the arm only positions for the needle. Caitmon has probably already found an arm--but ''just in case". You may mail me from 'my page'

o

osueo and dancingirl-I am in desperate need of the embroidery unit for the brother se 270 d!! I would also be very interested in the feet, hoops or any other accessories you would sell. Dancingirl-I emailed you from your page. Osueo-I didn't see the email option on your page. My email addresses red79raider@yahoo.com. Thank you both and I look forward to hearing from each of you!

o

Hi, if either of you haven't sold the unit to TonyaB or Caitman, please e-mail me as well, I've been hunting since january for the embroidery arm. My e-mail is lizshotpacksandmore@yahoo.com.

o

Lizk208-I have not heard from osueo and dancingirl has already sold her to her neighbor. If I find somewhere that we can order the unit I will let you know:)

o

Hi girls, I was remiss in not updating my info. The neighbor backed out of buying because of sudden dental bills. However, I have decided to sell the machine complete, and buy a small sewing machine. It would be a shame to disable an almost new embroidery machine, and ultimately end up with someone doing a search as you are doing now. So I will be listing the entire package for sale. Thank you for responding, and please accept my apology for getting your hopes up. Wishing you very good luck in your search.

o

Hiii i stumbled upon this, and. Would love to know if any of you are still selling the embroidery unit...its for my moms anniversary present....my dad bought tge machine and we lost the arm..

o

Hello! I too am hoping any of you may be still trying to sell your SE-270D? I've also managed to lose the arm in my recent move. No way I can get it back now - grr!

o

I sold my complete machine back in late 2013. I neglected to "keep my eyes open" for an arm only, but I will do a search & post if I find one. It is a good little sewing machine, but not my preference for embroidery. However, I have not had any complaints from the buyer of mine, and many seem to like it. My main dislike is the threading system.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here